Renew my Certification
Renewing your PIA Certification is as simple as 1,2,3:
1. Take PIA Pilates classes, courses and/or workshops
2. Complete your renewal log and submit to PIA with payment
3. Receive your NEW PIA Certificate good for 12 months
CERTIFICATE RENEWAL POLICIES:
- ALL PIA TEACHING CERTIFICATES ARE GOOD FOR 1 YEAR
- TEACHING CERTIFICATES SHOULD BE MAINTAINED BY EARNING A MINIMUM OF 8 HOURS OF PILATES CONTINUING EDUCATION
- WAYS TO EARN CONTINUING EDUCATION THROUGH THE PIA WEBSITE INCLUDE:
- COMPLETING A PIA ONLINE TRAINING COURSE
- COMPLETING A PIA HOME STUDY CE COURSE
- ATTENDING A PIA LIVE WORKSHOP
- DOING A WEBCAM WORKOUT WITH Frankie VIA SKYPE/FACETIME
- TAKING LESSONS WITH A PIA MASTER TEACHER IN YOUR AREA - Private lesons count as 1 CE hour and group lessons count as 0.25 CE hour (NOTE: Only 4 CE hours from lessons can be used towards certificate renewal and the remaining credits must be earned by learning something new. All teachers must be approved by PIA - send resume of teacher to email@example.com to request approval)
- It is a student's responsibility as a qualified Pilates professional to maintain their Pilates knowledge and skills in order to uphold the quality that PIA so proudly has earned by attending live workshops, completing home study courses, taking online continuing education courses and/or by taking lessons from an authorized PIA representative or other such Pilates continuing education class.
- Once a student completes a PIA teacher training workshop, enrolls for and passes all tests they receive a teaching certificate valid for one year.
- 8 hours of Pilates Specific continuing education must be earned every 12 months in order to maintain this teaching certificate.
- Renewal Certificates are emailed to students once all continuing education documentation has been approved by PIA, renewal fee and logs are completed.
What does it cost to renew my PIA certificate?
The renewal fee is $30 annually per certificate plus an additional $30 for each additionale certificate you wish to renew.
How do I send my renewal materials to PIA?
You can complete an online renewal log right here (see RENEW NOW button above) . You will be asked for your contact information, which PIA certificate you wish to renew and will have plenty of space to tell us all about the CE courses you have taken.
When will I get my new certificate?
We will receive your renewal log immediatley but please give us 3-5 days to get your new certificate emailed back to you.
I have more than one PIA Certification how do I renew all of them?
A total of 8 hours of continuing education is required for your first certificate renewal and an additional 2 hours for each additional certificate you wish to renew. No need to complete more than one renewal log (unless your certificates expire more than 6 months apart), simply tell us which certificates you are renewing and don't forget to pay for multiple renewals when you get to the purchase page.
I attended a workshop that gave me more than 8 credits, can I use them to renew more than one year?
No, the 8 hours of continuing education every 12 months is just the minimum requirement and PIA highly recommends taking Pilates lessons and courses throughout the year to improve your knowledge base and the quality of your teaching and understanding of the Pilates method. You may, however, use additional credits towards additional certificate renewals for the same year.
My PIA certification has expired, what should I do?
If you wish to renew a certificate within 2 months of its expiration date simply, follow the typical renewal guidelines since you are within our accepted grace period. For certificates that expired more than 2 months ago you must earn the minimum of 8 hours of Continuing Education credit PLUS take the PIA Re-instatment Challenge Exam for $49. This exam challenges your knowledge of PIA principles and Pilates philosphies which, once you pass, will allow you to re-instate your certificate of choice. Your new certificate will be dated on the day you pass this exam and will be good for 12 months from that date. If you wish to re-instate more than one certificate you must take the challenge exam once and then submit payment and credits for your other renewals as noted in the PIA renewal policies.
For other questions about certificate renewals please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org